Sticky Chocolate, Date and Raspberry Cakes
We learnt how to make these scrummy dairy and egg free sticky chocolate, date and raspberry cakes on a Little Pickles Kitchen cookery date.
Author: Little Pickles Kitchen
Recipe type: Cakes
- 175g Self-Raising Flour (or same amount gluten free flour)
- 100g Dates (soak in a little hot water for an hour to soften)
- 100g Frozen Raspberries, Blueberries or Mixed Berries
- 40g Cocoa
- 50g of Unrefined Golden Caster Sugar
- 6 tablespoons of Light Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon
- Mix the flour and cocoa, sugar and cinnamon in a big bowl.
- Smoosh and tear up the the dates, or blitz with a hand blender for more even stickiness.
- Add the olilve oil, vanilla and about 60ml or 6 tablespoons of water until sticky.
- Add the frozen fruit in big bits for sticky jammy blobs, or broken into little bits for fruity chips.
- Dollop into a lined tray, or muffin tins and cook at 180/Gas Mark 4 for 16-18 mins until cooked and still a little sticky in the middle
Follow my blog with Bloglovin